Lifetime Achievement Award
2019 - Kanti Rai, MD
2018 - Yongjun Liu, PhD
2017 - Patrick Hwu, MD, PhD
2016 - Edward Chu, MD
2015 - Leiping Chen, MD, PhD
Outstanding Service Award
- Jing-Zhou Hou, MD, PhD
- Sen-Hong Zhuang, MD, PhD
- Zihai Li, MD, PhD, Medical University of South Carolina
- Weijing Sun, MD, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Richard Xu, MD, PhD, Queens-Long Island Oncology & Hematology
- Ruirong Yuan, MD, Eisai Oncology and VA Med Center
- Luhua Michael Wang, MD, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Ke Liu, MD,PhD, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) of U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Wenru Song, MD, PhD, Kira Pharmaceutical
- Delong Liu, MD, PhD, New York Medical College
- Jeff Ye, MD, Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa Medical Center
Young Investigator Award
CAHON gives travel awards to Young Investigators to foster growth and achievement amongst CAHON’s early career or physician-in-training members. The award is based on the scientific merit of abstracts accepted to either the American Society of Clinical Oncology ASCO) Annual Meeting or the American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- Christina Poh, MD - University of California at Davis
- Mengyang Di, MD, PhD - Rhode Island Hospital
- Peiqi Zhao, PhD - Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital
- Tongyuan Xue, MD, PhD Candidate - Irell & Manella Graduate School of Biological Sciences
- Xiangxiang Zhou, MD - Shandong Provincial Hospital
- Sophie Feng, MD, Princess Margaret Hospital
- Changchuan Jiang, MD, PhD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Siyu Shi, MD Candidate, Stanford School of Medicine
- Hao Xie, MD, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- Mengyang Di, MD, PhD, Brown University
- Ning Dong, PhD, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Amy Wang, PhD, University of Chicago Medical School
- Shijia Zhang, MD, PhD, University of Minnesota
Now accepting applications for Winter 2019 Young Investigator Awards!
To foster growth and achievement amongst CAHON’s early career or physician-in-training members, CAHON will award up to five Young Investigator Awards (YIA) based on the scientific merit of abstracts submitted to the 2019 American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting.
Each awardee will receive $500 in support of travel expenses to attend the 2019 ASH Annual Meeting. The research data from the abstracts will be given priority consideration for publication in the Journal of Hematology & Oncology (JHO).
The application deadline is: Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Current CAHON member –Available to physicians-in-training, including residency or fellowship training (Associate Member Category, waived dues) or, physicians within 10 years of fellowship training at the level of instructor or assistant professor (Active Member Category, dues $100 USD)
Membership applications available at http://www.cahon.org/membership
- Recognized as the first or senior author in the abstract presented at the 2019 ASH Annual Meeting.
- Availability to attend CAHON’s Young Investigator Award Ceremony during CAHON’s Semi-Annual Symposium and Reception on December 7, 2019. The event will take place from 6:00 -10:00 pm at the Gaylord Palms on 6000 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746.
Applications should include:
- Application Form
- Accepted 2019 ASH abstract including the abstract category (i.e., clinical, translational, etc.)
- CV, including education and current training level or position
Submit application materials to Anna Douangphachanh at email@example.com by Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
The award winners will be announced in late November by email notification and on the CAHON website at www.cahon.org. Awards will also be presented to the winners during the CAHON 2019 Summer Semi-Annual Reception & Symposium at the Gaylord Palms on 6000 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746.
2019 CAHON and CSCO-COE Travel Awards
for the 22nd Annual Meeting of Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology
September 18 – 22, 2019, Xiamen International Conference Center, Xiamen, China
Congratulations to the award recipients:
Xui-bao Chang, PhD, Panorama Institute of Molecular Medicine
High Fidelity Genome Editing
Yan Feng, MD, Cone Health Cancer Center
Response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with stage I-III invasive lobular breast carcinoma and predictive value of breast MRI
Richard Z. Lin, MD, Stony Brook University
PI3K Signaling in pancreatic cancer cells promotes immune evasion by limiting infiltration and killing by T cells
Minggui Pan, MD, PhD, Kaiser Permanente
Efficacy of pazopanib in a broad range of advanced soft tissue and bone sarcoma with evidence of synergistic efficacy with radiation
Phase II Study of Ipilimumab Plus Nivolumab in Combination with Cryotherapy in Metastatic or Locally Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Bo Wang, MD, Mount Sinai Hospital, Ichan Mount Sinai School of Medicine Hematology Oncology
Immune checkpoint therapy modulation by beta blockade in patients with metastatic urothelial and renal cell carcinoma
A novel intraperitoneal combination therapy in a mouse model of human ovarian carcinoma
Hong Zheng, MD, PhD, Penn State Cancer Institute
Identification of predictive values of immune signatures for clinical response to decitabine in AML patients
CAHON and the CSCO Committee of Oversea Experts (COE) will offer ten (10) merit-based travel awards to eligible CAHON members to represent CAHON at the upcoming CSCO Annual Meeting. Five (5) travel awards will also be granted to five (5) experts who will represent CAHON during a CAHON Roundtable at the upcoming CSCO Annual Meeting.
About the Award
The travel grant includes one (1) complimentary meeting registration (including meeting materials and meals) and two (2) hotel accommodations for up to 4 nights, and reimbursement for travel up to $1,000 USD.
Meeting Theme: Precision & Intelligence: Hope to Conquer Cancer
Download the CSCO Meeting First Announcement for more meeting information at: http://meeting.csco.org.cn/Upload/user/13680/file/20190218/20190218104218_7022.pdf
- Available to CAHON Lifetime – Active, Active, and Associate Members. Associate members and those members who are within 3 years of graduation from fellowship programs are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Special consideration will be made for CAHON members who have volunteered for CAHON in the past
- If selected, agree to submit your abstract to the Annual Meeting of CSCO before June 30, 2019 to present at the 21st CSCO Annual Meeting. Abstract submissions can be made at http://meeting.csco.org.cn/Useren/contribute/14. Please submit your abstract to CAHON first.
CSCO-COE and CAHON Travel Award Submission Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2019
CAHON will notify you of the Academic Committee’s decision by the end of Monday, June 17, 2019
CSCO Abstract Submission Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications should include these materials in one PDF document:
- Application Form
- CV or Biosketch in NIH format, including education and current training level or position
- Abstract, with authors and coauthors. You must be the first or senior author. An abstract that meets the criteria for 2019 CSCO is preferred, but not required. Abstracts that were recently presented at a major symposium may be submitted.
Submit application materials to Anna Douangphachanh at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 7, 2019. Applications will be reviewed CAHON’s Academic Committee. A PDF version of application instructions and form can be downloaded here.
Application will be scored by the Award Committee according to a combination of applicant’s academic productivity in clinical and translational oncology, abstract merit in alignment with the theme of the 2019 CSCO meeting and applicant’s volunteer contributions to CAHON.
Award applications will be notified of the Award Committee’s decisions by end of Monday, June 17, 2019, by email notification.