Lifetime Achievement Award
2018 - Yongjun Liu, PhD, Sanofi
2017 - Patrick Hwu, MD, PhD, MD Anderson Cancer Center
2016 - Edward Chu, MD, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
2015 - Leiping Chen, MD, PhD, Yale University
Outstanding Service Award
- Zihai Li, MD, PhD, Medical University of South Carolina
- Weijing Sun, MD, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Richard Xu, MD, PhD, Queens-Long Island Oncology & Hematology
- Ruirong Yuan, MD, Eisai Oncology and VA Med Center
- Luhua Michael Wang, MD, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Ke Liu, MD,PhD, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) of U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Wenru Song, MD, PhD, CAHON
- Delong Liu, MD, PhD, New York Medical College
- Jeff Ye, MD, Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa Medical Center
Young Investigator Award
CAHON gives travel awards to Young Investigators to foster growth and achievement amongst CAHON’s early career or physician-in-training members. The award is based on the scientific merit of abstracts accepted to either the American Society of Clinical Oncology ASCO) Annual Meeting or the American Society of Hematology (ASH).
- Mengyang Di, MD, PhD, Brown University
- Ning Dong, PhD, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
- Amy Wang, PhD, University of Chicago Medical School
- Shijia Zhang, MD, PhD, University of Minnesota
2019 - Now accepting applications for abstracts accepted to ASCO! More information here.
2019 CAHON and CSCO-COE Travel Awards
for the 22nd Annual Meeting of Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology
September 18 – 22, 2019, Xiamen International Conference Center, Xiamen, China
CAHON and the CSCO Committee of Oversea Experts (COE) will offer ten (10) merit-based travel awards to eligible CAHON members to represent CAHON at the upcoming CSCO Annual Meeting. Five (5) travel awards will also be granted to five (5) experts who will represent CAHON during a CAHON Roundtable at the upcoming CSCO Annual Meeting.
The travel grant includes one (1) complimentary meeting registration (including meeting materials and meals) and two (2) hotel accommodations for up to 4 nights, and reimbursement for travel up to $1,000 USD.
Meeting Theme: Precision & Intelligence: Hope to Conquer Cancer
Download the CSCO Meeting First Announcement for more meeting information at: http://meeting.csco.org.cn/Upload/user/13680/file/20190218/20190218104218_7022.pdf
- Available to CAHON Lifetime – Active, Active, and Associate Members. Associate members and those members who are within 3 years of graduation from fellowship programs are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Special consideration will be made for CAHON members who have volunteered for CAHON in the past
- If selected, agree to submit your abstract to the Annual Meeting of CSCO before June 30, 2019 to present at the 21st CSCO Annual Meeting. Abstract submissions can be made at http://meeting.csco.org.cn/Useren/contribute/14. Please submit your abstract to CAHON first.
CSCO-COE and CAHON Travel Award Submission Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2019
CAHON will notify you of the Academic Committee’s decision by the end of Monday, June 17, 2019
CSCO Abstract Submission Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications should include these materials in one PDF document:
- Application Form
- CV or Biosketch in NIH format, including education and current training level or position
- Abstract, with authors and coauthors. You must be the first or senior author. An abstract that meets the criteria for 2019 CSCO is preferred, but not required. Abstracts that were recently presented at a major symposium may be submitted.
Submit application materials to Anna Douangphachanh at email@example.com by Friday, June 7, 2019. Applications will be reviewed CAHON’s Academic Committee. A PDF version of application instructions and form can be downloaded here.
Application will be scored by the Award Committee according to a combination of applicant’s academic productivity in clinical and translational oncology, abstract merit in alignment with the theme of the 2019 CSCO meeting and applicant’s volunteer contributions to CAHON.
Award applications will be notified of the Award Committee’s decisions by end of Monday, June 17, 2019, by email notification.