Junior Investigator Awards
CAHON gives Junior Investigator Awards to recognize the achievements of outstanding Asian/Asian American high school and college student leaders. Through this award, CAHON wishes to encourage young students to participate in scientific research.
Junior Investigator Award Recipients
- Anthony Chen - University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Reggie Fan - California Northstate University
- Marguerite Li - Emory University
- Ziyang Shen - Williams College
- Joseph Yu - Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science
- Lillian Zhi - Ward Melville High School, New York
Application Process for Junior Investigator Awards
- Outstanding high school or college student from the Asian community in the United States.
- Non-Asian individual in the United States with a keen interest in Asian culture.
- Demonstrated interests in biomedical career.
- Availability to attend CAHON’s Award Ceremony during the New York Oncology Forum on the evening of Saturday, October 7.
Applications should include:
- JIA Application Form completed by the student
- Academic transcript from last semester
- One-page personal statement describing career and educational goals
- One letter of recommendation from school counselor, teacher, or research mentor