Junior Investigator Awards
CAHON gives Junior Investigator Awards to recognize the achievements of outstanding Asian/Asian American high school and college student leaders. Through this award, CAHON wishes to encourage young students to participate in scientific research.
Junior Investigator Award Recipients
2020 Winner - Lillian Zhi
Ward Melville High School, New York
Application Process for Junior Investigator Awards
- Outstanding high school or college student from the Asian community in the United States.
- Non-Asian individual in the United States with a keen interest in Asian culture.
- Demonstrated interests in biomedical career.
- Availability to attend CAHON’s Junior Investigator Award Ceremony during CAHON’s Virtual Annual Member Meeting on December 19, 2020 via Zoom. Time of the meeting: TBD.
Applications should include:
- JIA application form completed by the student
- Academic transcript from last semester
- One-page personal statement describing career and educational goals
- One letter of recommendation from school counselor, teacher, or research mentor