Virtual 2020 Winter Symposium
Saturday, December 12, 2020
7:00 - 9:00 p.m. EST
7:00 – 7:10 p.m. Opening Remarks
7:10 – 7:30 p.m. Young Investigator Award Ceremony
7:30 – 9:00 p.m. Scientific Presentations
- 7:30 – 7:47 p.m. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
Wei Ding, MD, PhD - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- 7:47 – 8:04 p.m. Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
Hong Zheng, MD, PhD - Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute
- 8:04 – 8:21 p.m. Multiple Myeloma (MM)
J. Christine Ye, MD, MS - University of Michigan
- 8:21 – 8:38 p.m. Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)
Jing-Zhou Hou, MD, PhD - UPMC Hillman Cancer Centers
- 8:38 – 8:55 p.m. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
Delong Liu, MD, PhD - New York Medical College
8:55 – 9:00 p.m. Closing Remarks
Jing-Zhou Hou, MD, PhD – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Chair)
J Christine Ye, MD, MS – University of Michigan (Co-Chair)
Chong-xian Pan, MD, PhD – Harvard Medical School
Wei Ding, MBBS, PhD – Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Wenru Song, MD, PhD – Kira Pharma
Hong Zheng, MD, PhD – Penn State University College of Medicine
Delong Liu, MD, PhD – New York Medical College
Hongtao Liu, MD, PhD – The University of Chicago Medical Center
Jane Liu, MD – Illinois CancerCare
Hong Liu, MD, PhD – Buffalo Medical Group
Bo Zhao, MD, PhD – Firelands Regional Medical Center
PDF Package Inserts are linked to each company logo.
Becoming a sponsor is a unique opportunity to connect with the most influential group of Chinese hematologists and oncologists in a virtual setting. The content of the webinar is designed to attract medical professionals from every career level and to share the latest scientific findings, methods, technologies to facilitate their practice. View our Sponsorship Package here.
To foster growth and achievement amongst CAHON’s early career or physician-in-training members, CAHON will award multiple Young Investigator Awards (YIA) based on the scientific merit of abstracts submitted to the 2020 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2020 ASH Annual Meeting, and the 2020 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS).
- 2020 ASCO Annual Meeting: YIAs will be awarded to CAHON members with accepted abstracts from the meeting on May 29-June 2, 2020.
- 2020 ASH Annual Meeting: YIAs will be awarded to CAHON members with accepted abstracts and oral presentations for the meeting that will take place on December 5-8, 2020.
- San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) 2020: YIAs will be awarded to CAHON members with accepted abstracts for the meeting that will take place on December 8-11, 2020.
Each awardee will receive $500. The research data from the abstracts will be given priority consideration for publication in the Journal of Hematology & Oncology (JHO).
The application deadline has been extended to: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- Current CAHON member –Available to physicians-in-training, including residency or fellowship training (Associate Member Category, waived dues) or physicians within 3 years of fellowship training at the level of instructor or assistant professor (Active Member Category, dues $100 USD)
Membership applications available at http://www.cahon.org/membership
- Recognized as the first or senior author in the abstract or presentation presented at the 2020 ASCO Annual Meeting, 2020 ASH Annual Meeting, or SABCS 2020.
- ASH Awardees: Availability to attend CAHON’s Young Investigator Award Ceremony during CAHON’s Virtual 2020 Winter Symposium on December 12, 2020 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST via Zoom.
- ASCO and SABCS Awardees: Availability to attend CAHON’s Young Investigator Award Ceremony during CAHON’s Virtual Annual Member Meeting on December 19, 2020 via Zoom. Time of the meeting: TBD.
Applications should include:
- YIA Application Form
- Accepted 2020 ASCO, ASH, or SABCS abstract including the abstract category (i.e., clinical, translational, etc.)
- CV, including education and current training level or position
Please submit application materials to Eli Rehorst at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
The award winners will be announced in early December by email notification and on the CAHON website. Awards will also be presented to the winners during the CAHON Virtual 2020 Winter Symposium (for ASH awardees) and during the CAHON 2020 Annual Member Meeting (for ASCO, SABCS, and JIA awardees) via Zoom.