The Value of a CAHON Membership
The Chinese America Hematologist and Oncologist Network (CAHON) is the only organization of its kind dedicated to fostering communications among Chinese American medical professionals working in Hematology and Oncology.
By joining CAHON you will have access to:
- A growing network of Chinese American professionals working in your field
- A private WeChat group where you can submit clinical questions to respected colleagues who are knowledgeable in specific areas of hematology and oncology
- Reduced or waived registration fees for all CAHON events and meetings along with priority hotel reservations.
- Travel awards
- Members-only section of the CAHON website including the member director
- And much more…
Membership Categories and Dues
- Associate Membership (waived dues, reviewed annually) – Available to fellows-in-training in North America in the field of Hematology, Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecological Oncology, Pediatric Oncology and Pathology, are eligible to apply to become Associate Members of the Network. Also available to Residents-in-training, US medical students and foreign medical graduates living in North America who have a demonstrated commitment to enter a program in the field of Hematology, Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecological Oncology, Pediatric Oncology or Pathology
- Active Membership ($100 USD, annual dues) – Available to board certified/eligible physicians in North America whose predominant interest and professional activities involve the diagnosis and treatment of patients with neoplastic and hematological diseases. These include Hematologists, Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Gynecological Oncologists, Pediatric Oncologists, Pathologists, and other oncology-related physicians and surgeons.
- Allied Membership ($100 USD, annual dues) – Available to health professionals in North America who are actively involved in patient care, research, drug development in North America in the field of neoplastic and hematological diseases, who are otherwise not included in the aforementioned categories. Allied Members may include but are not limited to senior medical directors or similar senior level or research track scientists at pharmaceutical companies and tenure track assistant professors or above, basic research scientists, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, public health specialists, and nurses in academic or private research institutions.
- Lifetime Active Membership ($1,000 USD, one time payment) - Available to those qualified for Active Membership.
- Lifetime Allied Membership ($1,000 USD, one time payment) - Available to those qualified for Allied Membership.
To apply for a CAHON membership, the following information must be submitted as part of the application process.
Applicants for each class of membership need to provide:
Curriculum vitae or résumé and provide the name of a referring current CAHON member